Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Can my 19 year old Thai wife and our baby get a visa to come to the uk?

Thai wife and our baby get a visa to come to the uk?

My 19 year old Thai wife is pregnant with our first child, we are not married. We have been in a relationship for 1 year and I would like for her to come to the UK, if possible I would like my baby born in the UK, if not I would be just as happy if they could visit me after my new baby is born.

The UK visas available to your Thai girlfriend are limited to just a tourist visa. The reasons you would not be able to apply for a UK Settlement visa or UK fiancée visa is that both of you have to be 21 years or older.

Thai doctors do not recommend that pregnant ladies take long haul flights after 6 months pregnancy. Getting a visa could take you several months to get all of the paper work and documents together.

The problems you have ahead of you.

If you Thai girlfriend applies for a UK Tourist visa and is called for an interview at the Embassy, seeing your girlfriend pregnant, the embassy clearing officer could take the view that she is only going to England to have the baby, or that she wil not return to Thailand at the end of the visa. These simple reasons are enough for the clearing officer to decline the visa.

Your 19 year old Thai wife will not get a UK settlement visa, she could apply for a UK tourist – visitor’s visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment