Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is Minimum age for Thai girlfriend and a UK visa

My Thai girlfriend is 17 years old; we met via my father who has lived in Thailand since divorcing my mother 12 years ago. My Thai girlfriend lives in the same rural village as my father’s new wife.

We talk every day and would like her to come to the UK to see my friends, my life and British culture. What is Minimum age for Thai girlfriend and a UK visa?


A Thai national can get a tourist visa from any age without restriction if it is a family member traveling with them, i.e. mother or father,

The rules change when a British boyfriend is the sponsor of the UK tourist visa application.

To ensure that Thai girls are not being taken advantage of, the British embassy will not look at any relationship prior to the Thai girlfriend being 18 years of age. Allowing for the passing of time to demonstrate that a real relationship has formed between the British sponsor and the Thai girlfriend, the minimum age for a Thai girlfriend UK visa is 19.

the British embassy will not look at any relationship prior to the Thai girlfriend being 18 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment